By Buying a car with Autoguard Guarantee you have made the right choice.
Present-day automobiles represent a high technical standard and offer a maximum in reliability. Nonetheless, costly damage to important and expensive module components can happen to anyone. With the Autoguard Warranty, you can play it safe just in case it happens.
Autoguard Premium Warranty with AXA Assistance Recovery
Components covered by this guarantee
- All mechanical and electrical components of the vehicle that were manufacturer's original fitments except those listed.
Additional items covered
- In-car entertainment systems (ICE) and Satellite Navigation systems. Please note that these items will be covered up to 50% including VAT, of your claim limit, on original manufacturer's equipment up to a maximum of £500.
- Air conditioning; Air conditioning and climate control systems. Please note that these items will be covered up to a maximum of 50% including VAT, of your claim limit up to a maximum of £1000.
- Driver interface systems; any system such as (but not exclusively) MMI, I-Drive, Command, HondaLink, NissanConnect, which controls multiple Vehicle functions via a central control system interface will be covered up to 50% including VAT, of your claim limit, on original manufacturer's equipment up to a maximum of £1000.
Components not covered by this guarantee
- Gradual deterioration of performance of a component in line with the age and mileage of the Vehicle will be classed as "wear and tear" and excluded from the Guarantee.
- All bodywork and trim, seat belts (any part), glass (including heated screens and door mirrors), sunroof panels, fuel tank, wheels and tyres. Air bags or disposal of air bags.
- Minor fluid leaks, odours, external oil leaks, worn or perished seals.
- Consumable items such as, but not exclusively limited to light bulbs, drive belts, wiper blades, brake linings, brake discs, cylinders, cables, glow plugs, all pipes, all hoses and key fobs.
- Blocked, porous or seized components.
- Brake calipers and caliper motors.
- Clearing or cleaning of fuel lines or components, contamination of fuel system either by incorrect fuelling or water ingress.
- Clutch release bearing, concentric slave cylinders, centre plate and friction material.
- Electrical connections, LEDs, all external lamps, wiring looms and batteries.
- Exhaust system and catalytic converters (unless an additional fee has been paid) including but not limited to manifolds, mufflers, brackets and mountings. Including de-pollution or diesel particulate filters and systems and EGR systems.
- Cylinder block liners for vehicles over 3000 cc.
- Carbonised, pitted, burnt or sticking components.
- Water ingress and damage caused to any component by water ingress.
Autoguard Select Warranty
Components covered by this guarantee
This Guarantee covers the vehicle against the breakdown of mechanical and electrical components listed under the following headings. Any item not specifically mentioned is not covered
- Automatic and CVT Transmissions - All components contained within the transmission casing.
- Brakes - Master cylinder, ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Casings - The following casings are only covered if their failure is a direct result of a failure of a covered component and will constitute part of the total claim subject to the Guarantee limits: Cylinder block, cylinder head, gearbox casing, axle housing.
- Engine - Cylinder head gasket, camshaft and followers, oil pump, pistons and rings, con-rods, crankshaft and bearings and ring gear.
- Manual Gearbox - All internal components contained within the transmission casing.
- Drive Axle - Internal crown wheel and pinion, gears, shafts, drive shafts, including constant velocity joints, hubs.
- Electrical System - Starter motor, alternator, coil, window and sun roof motors, electric window switches, sunroof switch, central locking motor, indicator flasher relay, distributor, front and rear windscreen wiper motors, electrical fuel pump, windscreen washer motors, electronic ignition amplifier.
- Engine Cooling system - Water pump, viscous fan coupling and coolant temperature sensor. Excluding frost damage.
- Engine Management (ECU) - Engine electronic control unit.
- Front and rear suspension - Coil springs, upper and lower wishbones. Excluding bushes.
- Fuel System - Throttle body, airflow meter, throttle position sensor, oxygen sensor, throttle potentiometer, map sensor, injectors. Excluding breakdown as a result of contamination or failure to meet current emission legislation.
- Steering (inc. Power assisted steering - Steering rack and pinion, steering box, pump and idler box. Excluding power steering belts, external links and joints, rubber boots, swivel pins and oil leaks.
- Wheel bearings - Front and rear wheel bearings for sudden and unexpected mechanical failure only.